Thursday, August 13, 2009

How Many Licks.....


Catherine Zeta Jones plays a classical chef in the movie No Reservations who after inheriting her niece and feeling threatened at work after having to deal with a lose, relaxed chef--played by Aaron Eckhart--eventually falls in love and lives more or less, happily ever after. The restaurant in the movie actually exist similarly to the diner in When Harry Met Sally. I am sure a ton of other movies come to mind.

Well, this week my husband and I visited The Little Owl. Fortunately, if you are willing to wait you can get a seat without reservations. This option was our only ticket in! After a bit of a wait, we were seated and told of the specials of the night. As the traditionalist that I am, I aim for the classics, or the items on the menu that are most raved about. For apps, the Meatball Sliders sounded amazing, and trust me after adding a little bit of Maldon salt (which is discretely placed on a small plate on your table) the meatballs were perfect way of starting the evening. We then ordered Crispy Chicken and Alex, The Pork Chop. Naturally, we tasted each others plate and I was taken aback by the pork chop it was AMAZING! Don't get me wrong, the chicken was delicious, crispy outside and juicy, flavorful inside and definitely a great portion, but something about the pork chop blew me away. Room for dessert?--No, not really. Instead we finished our bottle of rose and asked for the check--which btw is presented in a actual book as opposed to the black vinyl credit card book you get in 98% of other establishments. A nice touch I must say.

I love when places are featured in movies, shows and documentaries, otherwise little gems like The Little Owl would remain a little secret.

No comments: