Monday, November 30, 2009

A Winter-View and Food


Two hours ago I returned from Winters Eve at Lincoln Square. I decided to attend the event after City Harvest was seeking volunteers, and while I had to survey a good 12 event goers, it was all worth it at the end!

Joy Behar, the comedian on the View was going to do the tree ceremony, however I never managed to stay by the tree long enough because all the restaurant booths had my mouth watering and my senses curious. Many restaurants participated, Bar Boulud, Josephina, Pincholine, 'wichcraft, Asiate, Bouchon Bakery all offering delicious delectables ranging from $2-$4, of which some of the proceeds would be donated to City Harvest. The foods varied from ciders, small bites and desserts. Michelle-a friend and fellow chef--and I sampled Crab Cakes with Corn Polenta from Josephina, Mini Cheeseburgers from PJ Clarke's; and Pumpkin Soup with Candied Pumpkin Seeds from Cafe Boulud. We then rolled our way to 60th Street and indulged in pastries from Bouchon Bakery and warm doughnuts with an Apple Cider Reduction from Asiate. Although the food seems to be the spotlight of my evening, for those of you who are not foodies (and why not!) there was live music, ice sculptures, and other great entertainment! The evening was truly a blast!

My tummy is beyond stuffed, plan on drinking green tea to help ease it all. But at the very same time a very greedy part of me can't wait until next year so I can do it all over again!

No comments: