Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A Guilty Pleasure


I must admit after becoming a chef I have become a bit more critical on meals I consume. Even at places I once loved, I realize it no longer provides the punch it once did. But with fast food it's different. We know its not the best for you, we have all seen films like Super Size Me and Fast Food Nation, but I must admit it's predictable and thus reliable and sometimes that just works.

Don't get me wrong, I try to stay away from the popular fast food establishments, but there are some very decent and delicious franchises that I absolutely love: California Pizza Kitchen for its delicious Sante Fe or Roasted Peppers with Goat Cheese Pizza (along with a full side Waldorf salad with blue cheese dressing and I am complete); Gray's Papaya for when I truly feel like a New Yorker and need a walk and eat type of treat (although tempting, I can pass on the tropical drinks--no offense)and of course Johnny Rockets!

Stumped on what to eat one lazy afternoon we headed for Johnny Rockets and had the Rocket Single with Half Half (french fries and onion rings) and a coke! Juicy burger and hot perfectly salted sides! Just delicious. So while these aren't fast food establishments, neither are they "healthy," but they definetly offer a level of comfort and consistency that sometimes you cant get at a restaurant. Sometimes you want to eat something that you know how it's going ot taste regardless to who is preparing it and that is simply okay with me.

No comments: